Q. re manta dive and snorkel next week Nov 23/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shri

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I had a couple of q's re manta dive/snorkel

- I looked at the Manta Green list site and they say based on the crowds etc, they can't recommend any operators. My partner esp (and me though to a lesser extent) are very conscious of wildlife and not stressing them/environment etc. Is the site just not been updated? or if this is an issue, any other options (other sites less crowded/shore snorkel/dive with less chances etc)?

- We were thinking of diving/snorkeling (for manta) next Wed or Thu, and believe manta night dives are best with as little moon as possible. and next week would be 57% and 47% moon, and wondering if better to do it another time.

- Finally thinking about Aquatic life both for price and also as they have smaller boats. Good choice or better options available

Irrespective of the manta dive/snorkel, we will be doing a bunch of snorkeling at Kealekua (kayak and snorkel) Captain Cook, 2 Step, Kahalu'u etc.

Thanks

S

PS. I have advanced open water cert, have done cave dives, night dives, wreck dives, deep dive (though mainly just descending) for seeing bull sharks in Cozumel but haven't dived in a while (I usually do a few dives then miss for a few yeards and so far with just a brush up/reminder of safety skills been fine, pretty confident in neutral buoyancy, mask clearing etc). Would just a pool checkup/reminder be fine or full recertification be the way to go. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom