Pygmys Of Mataking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed_Dman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Scubaboarders & Divers!

Here are some of my Pygmy Collection from Mataking! What a beautiful creature! I just Love them so much! Enjoy! ;D

img25446ha.jpg

8 months pregnant!

test8yh.jpg

Camera Shy!

img26470nr.jpg

Expecting Soon!

img25533aj.jpg

Up Close & Personal!

Aren't they sweet? I think I just found myself a new love! ;D They are the sweetest marine lives that I have ever photographed! What a great creation by God!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

holy molly!!

how cute can you get?

awesome pics

OK, question #2, how did you locate them?

They are Seahorses and about half an inch in size! I believed they can only be found around South East Asia, but not everywhere, just certain destinations. Pygmys Seahorses are getting really popular because of the beauty & are very rare. We love them so much that some photographers are willing to spent their whole bottom time, photographing them. :)

I was onlt kidding when I mention on the caption that two were pregnant. That's how they look like, but not all. Some are skinny! :wink:

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

zboss:
OK, question #2, how did you locate them?
They are always on the same Type of fans, whenever i am having a 'boring' dive and see this fan i stop and have a thorough search. Never found my own ones yet :11:

nice photos Ed.

good shots. They are incredibly difficult to get a good picture I think since they tend to face away from the camera especially if you need to use focus light. I got many shots of the back of the head and butts of pgymy seahorses and very few shot from the side and none from the front at all :(
So now, one more place on my list for places to look for pgymy :D
When I was in Sangalaki last year, our DM was also new to the area and did not really know where the pygmies were, I think I must have looked at a couple of hundreds seafans but never could find one on my own either.

Back
Top Bottom