Putting on weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vesebr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought my first wetsuit for my trip to SCC in a week. I got the Bare 3mm Elastek full. I am 6'3 and weigh 155. I got the MT. The suit is quite... skin tight. The body and waist of it feel fine but the arms feel a bit too snug. What I wanted to know, is if I put on a little weight, (which is very possible, I'm only 20), would I be better off exchanging it for a MLT? I tried it on and it seemed to fit pretty nicely as well, but the neck was a bit loose on it.

Also, would I be better off getting a thicker suit? I live in Montreal, so diving is rather scarce here, but I do like to dive when travelling.

Thanks.

If its fine on the torso and legs but uncomfortably tight on the arms it does'nt fit. Take it back and get one that fits, a 3mm suit should be very comfortable because its so thin.
It depends on where you plan on diving that determines whether you should get a 3mm,5mm or 7mm wetsuit. If all your dives are going to be in warm 80 degree F water the 3mm is fine, 60-70 you will need 5mm and 45-60 you need a 7mm. Anything below that you got to go with a drysuit. You are from Montreal? you have some of the best diving in the world in the St Lawrence River in Ontario in Cornwall,Prescott and dozens of other areas, try them out not that far from Montreal.

You may find you have to switch brands to find a suit that fits well, or not! :D If the next size up fits, get that!

You will likely gain weight over time, even if it's just 10 lbs. Don't get a suit that fits too tight now, or you will be selling it and buying another in a few years mot likely. You may be doing that anyway if you dive enough! :D

I have found that flooding the suit takes care of the too warm problem. Be careful dressing, especially on a warm day. I found that if you get a little warm in a wet suit you can just flood it and you should cool back down. Although if you only diving in warm water (above 80) you would be more comfortable in the 3mm as they are easier to move in. Happy Diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom