Purchasing 1st mask, snorkel, fins....HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot to mention in my first message that not only open-heel fins but also full-foot fins can be worn with neoprene socks or booties for additional warmth, as illustrated below:

riffe_finkeeper.jpg

Back in the 1960s, when I started snorkelling and full-foot fins were considered the norm here in the UK for both breath-hold and scuba diving, divers were recommended either to purchase two pairs of full-foot fins, one for barefoot use, the other, one or two sizes larger, for booted feet, or just the latter if they intended wearing booties both in the pool and in open water. I always wear a suit to keep warm when I snorkel in the North Sea and my full-foot fins, which I always wear, still fit because I factor the thickness of the booties into the decision-making when sizing my fins. Some modern full-foot fins, such as the Apollo Bio fin Uni, are even designed to be worn only with socks or booties. If you intend using full-foot fins and wearing socks or booties with them, take them with you to the dive store and put them on before you try out full-foot fins for size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom