purchase question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j.doe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone

I am looking at spending some money in the new year.

1st I am looking at the new lavacore underwear/wetsuit tops and bottoms. Both as an undergarment for a drysuit, and as a standalone for tropical diving. Has anyone had a chance to use this? is it warm? how does it compare to a wetsuit?

2nd I am looking at picking up the Aeris Ex200 as a cheap back inflate for using as an all purpose vacation bcd. Has anyone used one of these? Can they give me a quick rundown on the pros and cons. I can't find any reviews anywhere online.

can anyone give some reviews?

Thanks

I tried the Aeris and while nice it just felt too -cheap. I mean it worked fine and all but some of the comfort, freedom of motion etc... was not there. Also lacked metal d-rings.

Having a bad shoulder as well, I found that the shoulder padding was not great especially if you have to pack you tank any distance. Used it in the pool a bunch of times but never really found it just became a part of me and went un-noticed.

Ended up spending a little more and buying an oceanic excursion and am way more happy with it. Was able to mount all my gear just right and have used it a bunch of times now with flawless function.

One thing to note though, with the excursion, when changing dumps watch for cross threading. I switched the shoulders mine dumps on and the threads just suck. To the point where it took like 15 minutes to get the thing back together straight. Just cheap plastic I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom