Purchase online or no???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silverfish

Reaction score
I am in the market for a wetsuit.I notice they seem to be less expensive online.My LDS doesn't have a selection I am happy with,but I am going to Destin next week and could possibly shop there.

Is there any reason not to buy wetsuits online.Problems with fit/return policy, ect...

No problems, just make sure you can return it if you don't like the fit. Many online stores will let you order two suits (paying for both), if you're not sure what size will fit. Then return the one that doesn't fir (or both) for a refund.

Ralph

silverfish,
My wife and I have both bought wetsuits on-line. We have dealt with Leisure Pro and Performance Diver. We have not had any problems with returns or exchanges. Mine fit great the first time. One of hers needed to be exchanged, and we sent one in for repair (for our son) and they replaced it with a new one.I personaly like Bare wetsuits and the prices for them at Leisure Pro are the best I've seen.

good luck shopping, have a great time at Destin.

Tavi

I bought a Bare 5/3 front zip and like it. The velcro collar is so nice and the front zip is indestructible. It's a little tight in the thigh area but for me everything is. I got it from LeisurePro-they have a good selection of everything. Personally, I like to sit at home and spend thousands on dive gear on the internet. You can ask folks on this board what they would recommend at I feel that's just as good as going to a dive shop-since people here don't make money off their opinions(though many argue like their life is at stake). Even better than LeisurePro is http://www.diveinn.com They don't have the selection and you should ask if it's in stock it you need it in a hurry. But diveinn has been very good to me........a little meeker selection than LeisurePro though..

buff,
I have the same suit, but mine fits perfect.I love it. It was recomended by one of my Instructors. He even prefers his over a custom made Rubatex suit he has.I also have a 3/2 Rush fullsuit.

Tavi

yep, that 5/3 is nice. I dove with it in Bonaire-"TOO HOT" you say....well, then just pull down the zip and vent that hot water out and let the cool water in.......aaaahhhhh

I purchased a Henderson Gold wetsuit today,,,on ebay.I have only purchased one other thing online before and it wasn't on ebay.And it cost $15.00 I will feel better once it gets here and I can see what I bought.The post said it was new and the price was right.My dive instructor said it was below her cost ,she was even nice enough to help me determine the correct size.

Here's hoping i don't get burned.Will keep you posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom