Punta cana?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the answer. I like to dive within my boundaries so I'll look for cenotes on a trip to Mexico...

Thanks for the answer. I like to dive within my boundaries so I'll look for cenotes on a trip to Mexico...

You will love diving the cenotes...unlimited visibility (it's like diving in tap water). I did Chac Mool near Playa Del Carmen and had a great time.

I got back from PC last weekend. There was a decent swell which churned up the bottom and reduced vis to about 50'. I did 7 dives while there. A lot of the coral is silted over and doesn't look very colorful.

I was talking with one of the dive masters from Pelicano Watersports. He said the good diving was around in Bayahibe and out to the islands of Catalina and Soana. From the dive shop at the Ocean Blue and Vik resorts, the travel time is about 1 hour on the new highway.

As for Pelicano Watersports, I have been with them on 2 vacations now and feel very comfortable. They are very professional. They adhere to PADI standards when planning advanced dives (Caves, Depth, Etc). They make you do your equipment check (after they have already done it). All of their boats have extra gear if something does need replacing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom