Punta Cana in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tanked

Extreme Non-poster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking at going to Punta Cana next month. I wouldn't mind doing some diving while I'm down there. Any recommendations on all inclusive resorts with easy access to diving? I was looking at the Punta Cana Princess Resort.

The diving in Punta Cana isn't that great. All the hotels have an in-house dive op and they are all pretty much the same. The best diving is on the south coast in Bayahibe. If you can't get to Bayahibe and end p diving in Punta Cana there is a wreck (The Astron) and other than that there is a reef around 200 metres off-shore that has some decent life (nurse sharks, morays). There is strong surge (which isn't a problem once you get the hang of it) and visibility was around 80 feet when I was there.

If you are coming for a scuba diving vacation, Punta Cana is not the best area. If you enjoy resorts and nice beaches, Punta Cana is a place to go.
Most divers will tell you that diving around Bayahibe is the best, there are few AI resorts in the area too

Back
Top Bottom