Pumpkin Carving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about a pumpkin carving contest at CSSP next Saturday? And if so, do you guys want to get a Swamp Divers team together to enter? Sounds like fun...

No Ken, haven’t heard about it. Maybe Bridget could be the pumpkin carver since she has artistic skills. Bet she could even come up with a scuba theme concept. I for one can’t draw a decent stickman and every pumpkin I ever carved ended up looking like the disaster that it was. Keep us posted on what you here about this.

Jim

So far, all I've heard was that the Diving Rebels and the Scubadillos were going to have a number of teams there, but that's all I know.

There's a pumpkin carving contest at Twin Lakes Saturday (Oct. 19th) sponsored by R&D scuba. I believe it starts at 5 or 6PM.
$10 to enter the contest. Bring your own pumpkin.

Mark

Thanks for the compliment SeaHunt about the artwork. I'm "down right" inspired now...LOL...seems that my wetsuit has been wetter than my paintbrushes lately....and that's the case for a few more weeks at least.

I just read the CSSP calendar and it seems that the pumpkin carving contest you all are referring to is for members only of those dive clubs. So...don't know what to tell you as far as how it will work...call somebody and find out. Hey, it's Halloween.....put on a mask and crash the party. (Just kidding!!!!)

We're off to Cozumel for a week the wkend of Nov 8th....Looking forward to that. Hadn't planned on this trip...impromptu ...and you know that's usually the best kind. We'll get to dive with Bill Walton and his wife...too bad we won't be down there the same time Aimee will be. If you read this Aimee.....have a blast!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!!!!!!!:jester:

Petra once bubbled...
There's a pumpkin carving contest at Twin Lakes Saturday (Oct. 19th) sponsored by R&D scuba. I believe it starts at 5 or 6PM.
$10 to enter the contest. Bring your own pumpkin.

Mark

It's been dark and raining all day and we're not that far from the Lakes.

Looks like there will be a Halloween Treasure Hunt at Athens Scuba Park next Saturday from 1-3. Anyone interested in this instead?

Hey ScubaTexan,

I'd go with ya to Athens.......but can't commit to this Sat (10/26) as my company is implimenting a HUGE reorganisation that day......so it's a little too early to see if we'll revert back to only having to work every other Saturday. I'm told that if things go as well as hoped, our days of working every Saturday will be over....and we'll go back to working every other Saturday........which still 'sucks' but not as much as working every Saturday.

I'm in the Arlington, TX area too......but I'll have to wait a little longer to see how everything shakes out, schedule wise...I'm hopeful things will get better soon!

Karl

Dee once bubbled...

It's been dark and raining all day and we're not that far from the Lakes.

Dee,

Yep. Ended up being a night dive because we got started a little late. (Our first night dive!) My wife did the carving and I just held the light and took pictures (another first for me). Pic's didn't come out as good as I had wished, but o.k. for a first try.

Had a great time. Prizes were store credit at R&D Scuba. 1st place $80, 2nd place $50, and 3rd place $30. Some of the guys really out-did-themselves. One did a howling wolf with a full moon behind it. Another did a really complicated and evil looking face. Third place was a jack-o-latern vampire.

I think this may be an annual thing so I'm looking forward to next year.

Mark

I saw a picture of a pumpkin on the net of a divers face. Complete with mask, snorkle and regulator. Surely I can come up with something in a year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom