Pull on Up and Git Under It....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

(ask Frank)

Since Timeliner posted the conditions, here's a couple photos from the weekend.... Frank and I swear Brenda spiked the taters with Zanex* Friday evening.

In true DIMWIT fashion, he figured out the method needed for pickin' nylon strings and we howled at the moon (stars actually) till midnight.... after our naps....:D

Picasa Web Albums - Tony - Broken Bow

Rhonda is stubborn, but she's good at what she does! :rofl3:

That was a really fun trip I'll have to say !
It was really good to see the readings on the depth and bottom profiles too.
I had some pretty good ideas about where the fun places to dive were but now I know where some new place will be next time I go out there !!

I'd say that the outing was 60/30

30% work ~ 60% fun and that is well above the normal 80% work 10% fun that most scuba outing provide. ( yes 10% is missing )

We worked really hard though... just ask Tony & Bren It was not a easy trip but the stress level was way low.......

Even with the water way up and the upper level water sort of murky I have to say that once you punched through the thermo. it was still Lake Broken Bow. :D

The cliff drop offs and the trees down deep were just amazing. There is just something child like about me that longs to be up in the trees. Breaking over the edges of the submerged cliffs and then dropping blind into the ink blackness with a light that fades to a pin point is a rush. Seeing the next forest level come into view is something I thrive on. If the cliffs and the trees and the over hangs are all in the same place in the dark....... Well, God and the Sirens can't be far away :wink:

Awesome, thanks for sharing...

I'd give you thanks but the Mod Gods or HAL the 2001 computer have taken away the "Thanks" button :shakehead:

Looks like a really cool place w/ pretty good vis... :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

(ask Frank)

In true DIMWIT fashion, he figured out the method needed for pickin' nylon strings and we howled at the moon (stars actually) till midnight.... after our naps....:D

I prefer bronze myself, but to each his own. Can't say as I've ever heard a nylon string banjo before.

I'd say that the outing was 60/30

30% work ~ 60% fun and that is well above the normal 80% work 10% fun that most scuba outing provide. ( yes 10% is missing )

I just thought it was the new math...

Zinc, I can see a "thanks" button in my browser. Maybe they took yours away after that rant of yours in the Dive Conditions thread. :D

Thanks for the pictures, makes me even more jealous I could not make it. BB is such an awesome lake.

Having dove serveral spots these 3 divers went to, all I can say is 'WOW' at the fun you must have had!!!! Great photos and interesting views. Wonderful rock pictures and those deep pings 30ft off shore give me a thrill!!!! THANKS!

Last edited:
Having dove serveralk spots these 3 divers went to, all I can say is 'WOW' at the fun you must have had!!!! Great photos and interesting views. Wonderful rock pictures and those deep pings 30ft off shore give me a thrill!!!! THANKS!

You'd be amazed.. you know the Wall on the South end of the lake ? Well...
There is a spot there just 40 feet away from the shore that drops straight to 173 feet.
I figure it's a pretty nice vertical cliff face there.
Just dump the BC, look down, clear your ears and sink sink sink :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom