Pull dump problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bof

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a new Tech BCD last week. I took it for a dive this weekend, and I love the fit and the way it performed. Everything was absolutely great, except for the pull dump. Even when I pull on the hose pretty hard, it would only slightly open the shoulder valve. Since it didn't let the ait out fast enough, I ended up using the inflator hose above the head method most of the time when ascending to the safety stop.

How can repair that or is this a normal thing

Could you tell us what kind of BD this is? Personaly I never pull on my inflator to dump air because in a tech wing there is no pull dump, but it sounds like the cable from the power inflator to the shoulder dump is too long, or the shoulder dump is a little sticky.

It's a Zeagle Tech BC with a BX inflators and the cable seem too long..

thanks

How can repair that or is this a normal thing

I believe Zeagle uses the same pull dump as Dive Rite. If so, hard to pull is the nature of the beast. I replaced mine with a simple elbow.

I think there is a post on here about the same problem. It seems that the Chinese can't measure. Good move Zeagle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom