pulau weh...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buzet47

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, anybody on this forum coming back recently from Pulau weh ???? I try to collect some "up to date" infos about diving center ( apparently 2, "lumbalumba" and "rubiah divers" ) and as well what about accomadations and where is better to stay Iboih or Gapang ????? what's about dives, end of october right period ? any more comments will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

buzet47:
Hi, anybody on this forum coming back recently from Pulau weh ???? I try to collect some "up to date" infos about diving center ( apparently 2, "lumbalumba" and "rubiah divers" ) and as well what about accomadations and where is better to stay Iboih or Gapang ????? what's about dives, end of october right period ? any more comments will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Lookin hard for informations B. Hope you 'll find something helpfull.
See you on plongeur.com'

....happy to see you here but disapointed it was not helpfull infos ....lollllllllll still hoping .......

Thanks a lot Buk, already seen that web page, i'm looking for personnal experience....but this forum is looking quite sleepery....lolllll

buzet47:
Thanks a lot Buk, already seen that web page, i'm looking for personnal experience....but this forum is looking quite sleepery....lolllll

I'm awake and have just come back from Pulah Weh yesterday, after one of the best weeks diving I've ever had.

Lumbalumba on Gapang is the only dive shop still running and they were brilliant. Lovely dutch couple who've been there for 10 years so know the diving inside out. They were hit pretty hard by the tsunami but business as usual now. It was full moon when I was there so the currents were pretty strong, but easing off towards the end of the week. Strong currents meant loads of fish though, so full moon is actually a good time to go. Marine life was awesome (blacktip, white tip sharks, great trevallies, tuna, schools of barracuda, honeycomb morays, eagle rays, mantas (although I didn't see one), and more reef fish than you could shake a rattle at)- but what really got me were the fan corals, particularly between 30 and 40m at Batee Takong. So beautiful.

As far as accomodation goes, there's really basic bungalows on the beach or 2 slightly smarter resorts just up the road. I stayed at Leguna and got a huge room with balcony and bathroom for 85,000. The bungalows on the beach are about 30 I think. Everywhere fills up at the weekend with NGO's from Banda so try not to arrive on a saturday. For the rest of the week there was no one else there!

Email Ton and Marjan at Lumbalumba for advice - they're full of it!

Have a great time - Ton and Marjan need divers. Too many people think Pulah weh is not open/ruined/dangerous. It's not. It's easy to get too and brilliant.

Tim

Tim, did you find it easy to get there? What routing did you take?

Timontour:
I'm awake and have just come back from Pulah Weh yesterday, after one of the best weeks diving I've ever had.

Lumbalumba on Gapang is the only dive shop still running and they were brilliant. Lovely dutch couple who've been there for 10 years so know the diving inside out. They were hit pretty hard by the tsunami but business as usual now. It was full moon when I was there so the currents were pretty strong, but easing off towards the end of the week. Strong currents meant loads of fish though, so full moon is actually a good time to go. Marine life was awesome (blacktip, white tip sharks, great trevallies, tuna, schools of barracuda, honeycomb morays, eagle rays, mantas (although I didn't see one), and more reef fish than you could shake a rattle at)- but what really got me were the fan corals, particularly between 30 and 40m at Batee Takong. So beautiful.

As far as accomodation goes, there's really basic bungalows on the beach or 2 slightly smarter resorts just up the road. I stayed at Leguna and got a huge room with balcony and bathroom for 85,000. The bungalows on the beach are about 30 I think. Everywhere fills up at the weekend with NGO's from Banda so try not to arrive on a saturday. For the rest of the week there was no one else there!

Email Ton and Marjan at Lumbalumba for advice - they're full of it!

Have a great time - Ton and Marjan need divers. Too many people think Pulah weh is not open/ruined/dangerous. It's not. It's easy to get too and brilliant.

Tim

Gapang beach is more family oriented, Ibioh seems more "free".

Lumba Lumba is on Gapang beach, but most of the diving is near Ibioh side.

Was there many years back before the Tsunami and curfew.

Back
Top Bottom