Puget Sound Fatality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks DD. I wouldn't have mentioned her name, but I saw it already listed somewhere in this thread. Also, the same day I saw it here, I heard a news-teaser on KOMO saying that the diver's name was to be released that day.

I've been diving in Puget Sound since the spring of 1980. I kind-of take it personal every time I hear of a Puget Sound diver fatality.

... you and me both. I didn't know Leanne ... but I did recognize her picture as someone I've seen at the dive site before. I dive that particular site multiple times a week, since it's only a couple miles from my home. I get the impression she was a reasonably experienced diver.

I don't expect we'll hear much more about this accident at this point ... and I expect the dive buddy is still trying to cope with "what if's". I wish him well ... something like he experienced is every diver's worst nightmare ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Wow, I got my advanced certification at Redondo and don't remember my instructors mentioning anything about possible current. Makes me wonder if they even knew since we were all coming from Portland. I just remember being grateful I didn't have to clamber up and down a muddy trail like we did for our OW cert at Octupus Hole. The place seemed more like a small serene and peaceful lake than a part of the bay.

Very sad for all involved.

Back
Top Bottom