Puerto Vallerta Dive Websites Help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backtanner

Contributor
Reaction score
Well my wife and I happened to go to bar yesterday here in Chicago where a radio station was raffling out prizes. Now I don't know how it happened but it did ..... We won a 5 night stay at the Westin resort in P.V. Immediately I thought of diving it. I did a search here and came up with several reports but not a lot of web links. If you folks can help out I would very much appreciate it. Also what seems to be the best time of year to dive this site. I'd rather stay away from crowds such as spring breakers and such.

Hi.!
here are two dive shops links at pv. that i can recommend. Best time to dive, is all year round, from nov to may water is colder, but encounters with giant mantas and whales are common. from june to october, water temp is warm and dive is also great.

http://www.vallartech.com/
http://www.pacificscuba.com.mx/

Backtanner:
Well my wife and I happened to go to bar yesterday here in Chicago where a radio station was raffling out prizes. Now I don't know how it happened but it did ..... We won a 5 night stay at the Westin resort in P.V. Immediately I thought of diving it. I did a search here and came up with several reports but not a lot of web links. If you folks can help out I would very much appreciate it. Also what seems to be the best time of year to dive this site. I'd rather stay away from crowds such as spring breakers and such.
Hi, just did our CO dives in PV with Pacific Scuba. We were very happy with them. Our DM was great, saw some fun stuff, awesome whales..... (winter time only). Temps and diving was good.umm.... Mariettas Islands we really enjoyed, Los Arcos, not quite as much.

We wanted to see the whales and our DM spent quite a bit of extra time for us doing that, and with a fairly small boat we were able to get quite close. If you want other info, let me know. I will be glad to share. We had a great time in PV. Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

I'm AmyJ's husband. We had a great time in PV in January. Water temps were about 70 to 75. Best of all was Pacific Scuba. They are a relatively small shop, but take good care of their patrons. Gabriel Aguila was our DM. Highly recommend him, and Pacific Scuba. Good, safe diving. Check out their website, and email them for information. Ray is really good at getting back to you promptly with information via email. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the information on these two. Is there any good shore diving in the area where my wife and I can get a few practice dives in before embarrassing ourselves on the boat?

Also should we look into renting a car or can we get by with cabs? Keep in mind my only other experience with mexican cabs was in Tijuana where I think I that thrilling ride rivaled anything I ever experienced at Disneyland! :errrr:

Water temps of 70 - 75 made me laugh as I look over at my neighbor's pool which is still frozen over!

cabs are pretty good. They have a great bus system, if you're not hauling gear. The driving would be ok.... less hazardous than acapulco, but not as nice as Playa del carmen.....

I don't know of any shore sites, but I'm sure there are places.. you might ask Ray if you email Pacific. My husband did a shore dive off of Los Calietas (spelling??), but to get there you have to go on a tour with Vallarta Adventures because they own it.

ps... our first day of diving (we were actually staying in Nuevo Vallarta), the cab got us to the dock and quickly took off with ALL of our gear in the trunk!!! Don't forget your gear!:bash:

But Ray from Pacific Scuba got on the phone... made some calls and the cab was back there fairly quickly. In the meantime, we and the two other divers doing their CO dives got to walk around the dock, compass in hand, towels over our heads practicing underwater navigation.

We were devasted by the delay, but Ray and Gabriel made it out to be no problem, and we had a great day of diving! :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom