Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prodaytrader

Registered
Reaction score
Do Peurto Vallarta hotels have dive shops on site like Cancun and Cozumel do? Or does one have to go into town or down the road to get to the charters? I'm trying to decide if Peurto Vallarta is the place for me this summer if they dont have on site diving like Cosumel. The hotels also look much bigger here then in Cozumel so it doesnt look as quaint. Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Most of the hotels will have someone selling dive trips and giving lessons in the pool. The dive shops usually meet and leave from the marina. Unless your staying at La Jolla de Mismaloya, they have dive trips leaving from the beach.

I stayed in Nuevo Vallarta and had pre-booked my diving with Pacific Scuba. One day they picked me up in the marina in Nuevo Vallarta which was really close to my hotel (Marival Grand & Club Suites). I still took a taxi because I didn't want to shlep my gear not knowing exactly how far I was going. The other days I had to take a taxi to the other marina closer to Puerto Vallarta to catch my boat. So, I guess it depends on where you are staying and where the majority of other divers are staying as to where the boats pick you up.

Having been both places, I can say the diving is completely different than Coz. Not bad, but different. If I was chosing between the 2 right now, Coz would win hands down. If you've seen Coz and want to try something new, then go give it a try. Just don't go expecting Coz. :)

The group decided the differences were just too great so we decided to book coz knowing that we would have a good time. I'm sure we would have had fun in PV but when you spend this kind of money and want a lot of dives, coz has to be the spot. Maybe some day I will try PV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom