Puerto Vallarta Trip Report - Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricJ:
IWhere is Pacific SCUBA's pick-up point? I thought I read somewhere that the leave from Marina Vallarta, which is where I stay.
Yes, their boat leaves from the Marina.

sharkpod:
We're staying near Bucerias, from Feb. 20-March 8th.
Bucerias?! You MUST eat at Dugareles (SP?)! Best food/service/price/view in PV!

Thanks for the tip about Pacific SCUBA. They are going to book five days of two-tank dives for $300. That's a pretty good deal!

Plus, their pick up point is right across the street from the hotel where I'll be staying.

I've dove with Vallarta Adventures before, and I've always been happy with their divemasters. However, they do tend to be a little touristy and cater to the cruise boats.

It will be nice to try out a new operation.

I dove PV in late October, twice with Pacific Scuba. Actually, Ray picked me up at my hotel!

Xarifa:
I dove PV in late October, twice with Pacific Scuba. Actually, Ray picked me up at my hotel!
He dropped me off twice - but don't tell!! The Taxi drivers will not be happy!

Is Chico's the fairly large shop located on the church side of the main street along the malecon? Large counter with an underwater video always playing? I think they had a training pool in the "back room"?
The storefront may have been yellow or orange? Can't remember. I was there last Sept. had plugged ears so couldn't dive, but they looked good. If that's Chico's I guess they're not!

Our cruise ship hired an outfit located on the highway up near the cruise shop docks in a very tiny white cinderblock building. Anyone know the name of that shop from the description? Opposite side of hwy. from the beach.

They looked pretty funky and maybe not safe by appearences but I think it might have been Pacific Scuba. Maybe you can't judge a book by its' cover?

These are the only two shops I got a look at on my 7 mile walk into old town and back to the ship.

Thanks.

The funky cinder block place does sound like Pacific Scuba. Twin Dolphins is also a funky looking place across the street from the bull fight ring (on the side street). Neither of these shops are focused on retail appearances, but do a heck of a job showing divers a good time in Banderas Bay.

ive dove with ps and va did not enjoy my self till i found twin dolphines good place not a good store front very good diving there just my opinion

woobie:
The funky cinder block place does sound like Pacific Scuba. Twin Dolphins is also a funky looking place across the street from the bull fight ring (on the side street). Neither of these shops are focused on retail appearances, but do a heck of a job showing divers a good time in Banderas Bay.
Twin Dolphins' boat was tied up right alongside the two Pacific Scuba boats. They looked like a nice outfit (actually their boat looked to be a little bigger/nicer), and they had a great raport with the Pacific Scuba people (and viceversa). Both Chicos and Vallarta Adventures were driving huge catamarans full of party going snorkelers, and were blaring disco music out over the water. I did see smaller Chicos boats, however.

EricJ: $300 for 5 days diving is a good price - they charged me $240 for 3 days.

since this thread is almost a year old i wonder if these dive ops are still the way to go in PV?

anybody recently been there?

thx

PS holy thread resurrection, batman!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom