Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was down in Mexico two years ago, and Puerto Vallerta seemed to have better vis. That probably changes from day to day, but the water seemed so much cleaner and bluer

I enjoyed them both. Agree that vis was a little better at Vallarta than at Cabo. More surge and surf near the Cabo site (Near Los Arcos) accounted for the decreased vis.

The scenery topside from the dive boat was more visually appealing at Cabo.

I've been to PV, my buddy has been to Cabo. Neither has been to both so I can only say that by comparing notes and pictures, PV is a little better. I know, not much help.

Hi,

If you're planning on visiting Puerto Vallarta, I can assure you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll recommend that you visit during summer or fall when the water warms up and viz can be as good as the Caribbean. We have beautiful sites like Devi's Canyon at Los Arcos National Park, Chimo, Marietas Islands, and some farther locations that we don't visit during winter/spring like La Corbeteña.

As for sea life, we have Giant Mantas, Moray Eels, as well as hundreds of tropical fish species - too many to list-, and for those interested in Nudibranches, our bay is home to dozens of colorful species.

Hope to have you visit us in Puerto Vallarta

Alex from PVScuba

Thanks for the input - really appreciated. Seems PV has the edge!

Back
Top Bottom