Puerto Vallarta Mantas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwarainbw

Registered
Reaction score
I will be diving in PV aug 12th - 19th and was hoping some one could tell me the site with the best chance of seeing Mantas there? Maybe Diver Dennis? or another PV diver? Just an open water newbie so the more advanced sites might be out of my comfort zone.

Yes, the Marietas is a good place to see Mantas and you may well see some on the way out there. Not difficult to dive there so you will be fine. There are also a couple of sites along the coast on the way to Yelapa, mostly easy diving as well.

have reservations with Ocean Quest. We went out with them last time we were down there and had a great time with Klaus...very much the character.. I may also try and get in a dive with Twin Dolphins if possible because of all the positive reviews they get on here, but not sure about that yet.

I have seen mantas on most outings in PV. Las Marietas is a great place to see them as well as other "critters". Winter is the time when you will get the Giant Mantas though. The water is simply too warm for them this time of year. Enjoy your trip and SAFE DIVING! ... If you end up at Twin Dolphins, tell Giovanni that Cathy from Chicago said "HOLA" !!

Back
Top Bottom