Puerto Vallarta- Local Divers Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haj0012

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I typically just lurk, but having recently returned from a trip, I feel obligated to post. A work related trip brought me to Puerto Vallarta, and as I do with most trips, I thought "Water! I'll bring my dive gear!" But who to dive with? Being a work trip, my schedule was a bit tricky, but we wanted to get a lot of diving in, in a limited amount of time. On Scuba Board, I read about Leslie and Nacho or Local Divers (http://www.puertovallartadivers.com/). I corresponded via email with Leslie, who was more than willing to accomidate our wants and needs for the trip. We dove with them July 20 and 21.

Typically they take people out for two-tank dives. We wanted to go out for four tank dives. And we wanted to go to some of the less frequented/better sites. That was no problem, even though it meant that there would be just the TWO of us paying divers on the boat.

Leslie and Nacho came to our hotel the day before we went diving to discuss the plans with us, and I think to size us up and make sure we were up for 4-tanks/day. We met the nextmorining at the pier where their boat is docked.

After two days and 8 tanks with Leslie and Nacho, we would highly reccomend them! One of them dove with us while the other one stayed on the boat. It was fun to dive with divemasters who really want to be out there diving (the 'fought' over who GOT to dive, not who HAD to dive).

Although we didn't get to see mantas, we did see plenty of other life, and both Leslie and Nacho were great at pointing out things, and giving a chance for pictures and observation before moving on. But I don't want to make this a post about what we saw and what a great time we had, that would take up too much space- just (mainly)a reveiw of Local Divers.

We dove at Chimo (Nachos home town, where we saw his dad out fishing, and we snorkeled at a shallow wreck), Majahuitas, El Moro, and the Marietas Islands. El Moro was my favorite.

Lunch and snacks were served on the boat, between dives, typically sandwiches, fruit yougurt, etc. We were not left hungry!

We would highly reccomend Local Dives to anyone going to Puerto Vallarta, and I know if we are ever there again, we will definately dive with them!

If anyone has any questions about our experience with Local Divers, or our dives in Puerto Vallarta, I would be happy to answer them. We certainly left there with too many stories from our dives to tell all at once!

Holly

hey. i was in puerto vallarta the same weekend and asked for Leslie, but she was busy with that misterious 4 tank divers.... i want to do the same one of these weekends. glad you had fun.

Sorry we had her booked that weekend! Hopefully you can go someother time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom