Puerto Vallarta: Chicos vs. Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:confused: Help...please...

My husband and I will be in Puerto Vallarta in two weeks and can't decided on who to dive with...Chicos or Pacific. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help!

Check the boards, but I think most people will say Pacific. I have dived with Chico's twice and I don't want to again. The last experience I had with them was so-so. The dives are what they are but Chico's had left a lot to be desired, IMHO, in the customer service department.

Regardless of who you dive with, go to El Morro, Chimo and to a lesser extent, the Marietas Islands. Check the water conditions before you book as you may find that the water is getting cold and the vis turning worse as you'll be approaching the end of the "good season".

Have fun!

I dove Chicos last March and Lara was incredible!! She really took care of us very friendly. We was staying at the Lahoya mis maloya(sp). If thats where you are staying tell her the Fireman from Missouri says hello!!

Personally I am a Chico's fan myself. Got certified there last year had a great time and was wonderful service. Rodolfo and his crew are always helpful to my family and me.

Chico's is a cattle boat. Pacific Scuba is a six pac. The is no comparison, and when I dived with PS and watched the cows herded off Chico's boat, I was more than grateful for the solid informaton I'd recieved from this board.

However, today, I would do one better and PM Leslie (leslieinpv).

Thank you Rick, I appreciate the support. Just to let everyone know that I am a padi divemaster ( my husband too) with a new boat. And we are only taking one group at a time. (as a group I mean just your buddies) ,the funny thing about this thread is I am formerly from pacific scuba and nacho is formerly from chicos. lol

LESLIE!!!! :D

Ok, here's another vote for Leslie!!! I've been to PV quite a few times and I wouldn't want to dive with anyone else. Leslie helped me get my kids started diving and took really good care with my Dad too, I totally recommend her as a super DM and a great person!!

I'm glad to see you are doing your own thing now, that's awesome.

Brian

leslieinpv:
Thank you Rick, I appreciate the support. Just to let everyone know that I am a padi divemaster ( my husband too) with a new boat. And we are only taking one group at a time. (as a group I mean just your buddies) ,the funny thing about this thread is I am formerly from pacific scuba and nacho is formerly from chicos. lol

So, we are back from one heck of a trip to Puerto Vallarta! Had a WONDERFUL time and REALLY enjoyed diving with Nacho and Leslie from Local Divers. We HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend them. Visit their website at www.puertovallartadivers.com I am now calling Nacho...Manta Whisperer. We saw mantas two days in a row! We saw a family of humpbacks one day and then on our third day, we saw a male humpback breaching across the bay while eating lunch. My husband and I don't understand why Vallarta is not more of a diving destination...we loved all the dives!!!!! We will definately go back! Also, for an absolutely amazing day of diving, check out the Chimo Day package. We did two amazing dives off Chimo reef and then Nacho took us to the fishing village for a TASTEY lunch consisting of tacos de pescado (fish tacos), lobster, rice, pico de gallo, and, of course, cerveza! After lunch, we got a nice tour of the village! Nothing like experiencing real Mexico!
Thank you Leslie and Nacho for a trip we will never forget! We look forward to diving with you in the future!

Back
Top Bottom