Puerto Rico- Where to dive leaving Thursday!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im going on an impulse trip to Puerto Rico to dive for the weekend- 5 day trip, 3 solid days of diving. I hear Descheo and La Parguera are good. Anyone been to PR diving? Where to stay, where to dive? I have no idea. Thank you!

Hi, when are you coming to PR? The weather's been very rough on us this couple of month, not much diving. For consistent condition you have to look to the south, meanig Guanica or La Parguera. Same wall. Is 22 miles. If I have to recommend you a dive operation from that area I would say Island Scuba from Guanica. Desecheo and Mona Island are the best boat dives, but it depends on weather. If youre staying in San Juan you can contact Akuasport and ask for Amaury(owner) he has trips every weekend from Fajardo to nearby reef and islands. If youre interested I can give you the phone numbers. There are also a couple of shore dives you can do, even a couple of good night dives.

I went diving 2 weeks ago in PR out of Humacao (East Puerto Rico Divers) and was pleased with the dive operation. They said that the weather had been awful and I was expecting awful vis was the vis was decent considering the sea conditions.

Also try West Divers out of La Parguera, but their boat fills up fast so call early!

As Viveco, I recommend you look for Island Scuba in Guanica... Great conditions all year round and even though it's a small operation they have amazing sites and provide an awesome service...
Ivan

Saludos

En guanica se puede bucear en varios lugares exelentes con una vida marina en exelentes condiciones como corales peses todo bn cuidado y creciendo con fuerza .uno de los lugares de buceo se llama pozas exelente fondo arenoso con reef a su vuelta redonda una piedra en el medio grande y lleno de peses ademas los corales llenos de color bn vivos . el otro punto se llama andreas muy bueno tambien en forma de erradura medio arenoso reef a su alrededor con unas grietas nitidas y llena de vida nurse sharks congres enormes bueno de todo exelente vida marina la visibilidad es muy buena casi siempre se puede apreciar cristal clear tambien varios sitios para wall diving como fallen rock exelente buceada en pared vertical llena de vida corales peses lagostitas muchos queen angels blue chromis king fish aveses uno que otro blacktips pero muy bueno y hay mas para hacer driftdiving bueno esta nitido

In Guanica can dive in several places with an excellent marine life and corals in excellent condition Weigh everything with care and growing force. One of the dive sites called great pozas with sandy bottom reef in his turn a round stone in the middle Weigh large and well filled with colorful corals live . the other point is called andreas also in very good shape horse-shoe half sandy reef around it with a sharp crack and full of life nurse sharks eals morays enormous good excellent marine life around ,the visibility is very good almost always crystal clear you can see also Several sites like fallen rock exelent wall diving as great vertical wall diving vibrant coral Weigh lobters many blue Chromis king fish queen angel fish blacktips one another but very good and there are more good driftdiving to make this clear

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom