Puerto Rico Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have dived Pr a few times now. Really liked Taino Divers in Rincon, and all of us had a ball on the island of Culebra a few years back now, using Culebra Divers. Great snorkeling there too, and a fairly short car and ferry trip from San Juan.

Weather prevented our really diving La Parguera, so I got in only one shallow dive in the south, and the same happened trying to dive the east end of PR, at Palmas Del Mar.

Thanks for the advice ibj40!!

Schnitz011, I've never been to PR before as well so I'm really looking for a good dive operator.. I've been doing a lot of online searching and have yet to book anything officially but will be doing so next month since I'm not going until May.. since your going soon please let me know on here how your trip was and who you used.

Sham_ba_la - I will certainly post my experinces on this thread when I return. As of right now it looks like I will be using the resorts vendor for this but will provide all of the details upon my return.

Safe Diving All!

Any body hear what's up with West Divers down south . I e-mail and they don't write back??? Steve

West Divers is in a state of transition. I am feeling a little uneasy about La Parguera at this point. I am hoping this was just a "blip" and that things will return to normal.

Me, too! We were hoping to go back to PR, to exclusively dive in La Parguera this time, and really enjoyed diving with West Divers. We are looking at an April/May timeframe, maybe they'll have things worked out by then.

Im heading to Rincon in about 2 wks to do a few days of diving before our cruise ship takes out of san juan. Im diving with Taino divers for the most part and hope to get a night dive in. I tried to get my diving in the West Divers but with all the negative posts recently, I decided to stay away for now. Ive never been to PR so didn't want to mess with uncertainties. I will post a trip report when I return and if I can find out anything on West Divers while there, Ill let everyone know. I have been VERY impressed with my correspondance with Taino divers. Very informative and pleasant to speak with. Guess life is pretty good when you live in paradise. Its snowing here.

Im heading to Rincon in about 2 wks to do a few days of diving before our cruise ship takes out of san juan. Im diving with Taino divers for the most part and hope to get a night dive in. I tried to get my diving in the West Divers but with all the negative posts recently, I decided to stay away for now. Ive never been to PR so didn't want to mess with uncertainties. I will post a trip report when I return and if I can find out anything on West Divers while there, Ill let everyone know. I have been VERY impressed with my correspondance with Taino divers. Very informative and pleasant to speak with. Guess life is pretty good when you live in paradise. Its snowing here.

You might ask Frank with Taino what's going on. He also was an occassional divemaster with West.

Hi All, I recently did find the website for Sea Ventures and good to hear some exceptional reviews on them... I'm probably looking to stay in the Fajardo area and wander some up to San Juan for site seeing which I understand is about an hour drive away... luckly I have been getting some good information on PR since I have a co-worker who is originally from there and goes back often, but of course isn't a diver. Either way I do enjoy reading the reviews and comments here.. Thanks all!

One strong no vote for Sea Ventures at Fajardo Dive Center. Not easy to deal with, shop closed more than open. In three days of diving, boat was never ready on time and on one ocassion, everybody boarded the boat, then had to get off because the boat had not been refueled. Dive briefings were confusing. I never felt comfortable with the captain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom