Puerto Galera Nightlife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's many many place to stay there - Atlantis, Steps and Gardens, Big Apple, Mermaid, Captn Greggs...depending on your budget, and diving requirements...

Try using the search function on here. Even if you stayed all the way down in Big Laguna bay that's still only a ten minute walk from the night life.

Good luck and have fun...

Matt.

I like to hang out at the Point Bar, on the grounds of the El Galleon Resort/Asia Divers. . .

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how long the "strip" is and I want to stay at a hotel thats a short walking distance to the nightlife. As far as budget, I don't need 5 star accomodations but I don't want a dump either. A place with AC, TV, hot water, and a pool would be nice.

Mermaid is good, with good dive operation, reasonable prices, and the "strip", so to speak, is in between the hotel and the operation on the beach. Actually, in the alley way behind the dive operation. In town, everything is close together. Capt' Greggs is also very good, and next door to Mermaid operation. Both dive operations headed by very seasoned Americans. I came back early July, had fun in and out of the water.

Check out Coral Cove Resort. We were there 3 years ago, but if it's the same DM running their shop, it was a very good operation. I didn't dive then but my husband was happy with their service -- professional shop. Location was not on the strip but definitely walkable, or you can easily hop on one of their 'taxi bikes' and have someone drive you if 'crawling' up the hill is too hard after some nite life.

Mermaid is good, with good dive operation, reasonable prices, and the "strip", so to speak, is in between the hotel and the operation on the beach. Actually, in the alley way behind the dive operation. In town, everything is close together. Capt' Greggs is also very good, and next door to Mermaid operation. Both dive operations headed by very seasoned Americans. I came back early July, had fun in and out of the water.

I am not too sure if both Chuck Driver and Mark Cox at Captain Gregg would like to be called American!!!!!
If you do not want to get your feet wet then stay at Sabang Beach or no further than Portofino on Small La Laguna.
Unless you are a night owl otherwise La Laguna Beach Club is highly recommended. But walking back there after several SMB and with your "shopping"...........

I also recommend LLBC. Great dive shop, cool bar, good food, small but nice pool, and a variety of rooms to fit many budgets. I prefer the new building with ocean front views. I can send pics if you pm me an email address.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom