Puerto Galera dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question: There are a tons of hotel/resorts at PG... via Agoda I find alot of cheap offers, at 30-50 USD/Night/Room. Do you guys always pick the dive shop's accomodation? I just saw that they tend to be a bit on the "expensive" side. Asian Divers for example, are mentioned being "half the price" of Atlantis still comes in at 51 USD for a budget room?
There are plenty alternatives but you do not want to walk around from Sabang to Big La Laguna with a heavy pack.
So how do you find them?
Forget all those big dive operators with resorts and go for the smaller but established dive operator eg. Frontier, Sea Rider and South Sea.

Asia Divers is good - i dove with them for a few years, but dont expect many dives over 50 min. The past few years I have dove with the Dive shop at the Big Apple resort - dont recall the name. Run by Aussies who aren't the friendliest, but the Filipino boat men and staff are great. The possitives are that once they are comfortable with your capabilities they will definately try to get you the most outta your dives. I was never out of the water in less than around 70 minutes and they clearly will separate begineers from experienced divers. Also, they will go to Verde Island any day they have enough customers. Asia Divers would never take me there for more than 3 yrs. So if you want a high quality dive staff, nice quiet accomidations, and shorter dives - Asia Divers and small laguna. If you want a little more freedom in your dives look around. Also, Big Apple is right in the middle of the action - good or bad your decision. If im diving with them i dont typically stay in thier hotel.

I have dived with both South Sea Divers and SeaRider over three visits to PG and was very happy with both. Mark at SeaRider is a local with expert knowledge of the diving in PG... They offer extended dives for photographers in small groups. South Sea was, I believe, one of the first operations in the area, again with impeccable local knowledge....

Asia Divers is good - i dove with them for a few years, but dont expect many dives over 50 min. The past few years I have dove with the Dive shop at the Big Apple resort - dont recall the name. Run by Aussies who aren't the friendliest, but the Filipino boat men and staff are great. The possitives are that once they are comfortable with your capabilities they will definately try to get you the most outta your dives. I was never out of the water in less than around 70 minutes and they clearly will separate begineers from experienced divers. Also, they will go to Verde Island any day they have enough customers. Asia Divers would never take me there for more than 3 yrs. So if you want a high quality dive staff, nice quiet accomidations, and shorter dives - Asia Divers and small laguna. If you want a little more freedom in your dives look around. Also, Big Apple is right in the middle of the action - good or bad your decision. If im diving with them i dont typically stay in thier hotel.

Apart from one dive on the Alma Jane last week all of my dives were 60+ mins, bear in mind they are running 4 trips per day locally and they need to have a decent turn around time.

As for Verde Island, there were two trips there during my 4 day stay last week.

Anybody knows if DiveDojo still operates/ operates again? and if Ethei is still around?

I just got back from the Philippines. I dove with Badladz Adventure Divers, did 4 dives all good. I highly recommend this dive shop. They are small and tend to be more personal. Safety is a priority for them. I also enjoyed the surface intervals at the floating bar. Trust me, its a pretty cool SI.

I have dived in PG regularly for the past 4 years and I will recommend Dive with CHot at Sabang Inn. Small operation and not expensive and the most important thing is the people there. Friendly and knowledgeable. DiveMaster Erwin is the best! Once we did a 40M blue water descent and we land at the planned spot right on! Talk about knowledgeable of the dive sites and the current!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom