Puerto Galera dive shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makhno

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm hoping to get some advice about Puerto Galera dive centers. My buddies and I are all fairly experienced divers (a couple hundred logged dives is the minimum among us) so we don't want to get put together with newbies or in any big groups. We all have good air consumption rates, so don't want unnecessarily short dives. A couple among us are fairly serious photographers so want a guide who is good at spotting macro critters and then has the patience to wait for a few minutes. And we're all cheapskates.

So which dive operations in PG would you recommend? Which would you advise us to avoid?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I spent over a week in the Blue Ribbon Divers resort in PG at the beginning of October and had a wonderful vacation with over 20 dives.
Dives were done in small groups and they have enough DMs to split the groups between the novice and experienced divers. Most of my dives there were around 60 minutes. The DMs are experienced in finding stuff during the dive, but that is also a matter of luck.
They have very good deal for accommodation and dive package which I highly recommend. But if you decide to stay elsewhere, you will get the same excellent service on the dives
Do not miss their full-day dive trip to Verde Island. The dives there are superb.

Puerto Galera Resort: Blue Ribbon Dive Resort

Whatever you will decide, I am sure you will have a wonderful time in PG
Eran

I have been to PG a few times recently as April this year and will be there next week.

I have used Asia Divers Scuba diving - Philippines. El Galleon beach resort.

and Atlantis Dive Center Scuba Diving in the Philippines The Atlantis Dive Resorts and Liveaboards, The Best Dive Resort in the Island - Sabang, Puerto Galera in Oriental Mindoro and Lipayo, Dauin, Negros Oriental in Dumaguete

Atlantis is about twice the price of Asia Divers offering full board only, I used them last April and am going back to Asia Divers next week as I prefer some choice where to eat. Atlantis do have some good guides though, recommend Rusty if he is available

Alternatively there is Anilao

My friend used the services of Asia Divers, as well. She was very happy with them.

I, on the other hand, stayed and dove with La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre - Puerto Galera, Philippines which is located at Big Lalaguna (about 20-mins by foot away from Sabang) in PG. It is a quiet cove away from the action in Sabang but not too far when you some action. I had a great time diving with them. Accommodation is very clean and the rates very reasonable.

There's so many diveshops in PG that there's a lot of decent ones to choose from. Check out Action Divers as well. La Laguna, Asia Divers, or Atlantis will all make you happy :)

Question: There are a tons of hotel/resorts at PG... via Agoda I find alot of cheap offers, at 30-50 USD/Night/Room. Do you guys always pick the dive shop's accomodation? I just saw that they tend to be a bit on the "expensive" side. Asian Divers for example, are mentioned being "half the price" of Atlantis still comes in at 51 USD for a budget room?

Asia divers are good. If you are really looking for budget, poke back behind Action divers for basic rooms (around $10 a night) but beware, it's budget.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom