Public transfer to Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Job of Answering the question..... Is the 70-100Php the local or tourist price?? :)

Public Transfer to Anilao

1. Go to Buendia Bus Terminal (Buendia corner Taft) and take the bus going Batangas Pier trip (choose the Calabarzon route, not the Lipa/Tanauan because it will take longer). Tell the conductor that you will alight at diversion, this is the spot in Batangas just before the bus takes the bridge to Batangas Pier. Bus fare = P170

2. From there, take the jeepneys that are usually waiting for passengers. Make sure to tell them that you are going to Anilao. Jeepney fare = P30

3. You don't need to go all the way to Anilao pier/market. Ask the jeepney driver to take you to the tricycle terminal. Take the trike from there to bring you to whatever resort you are going to. Trike fare = P70 = P100

This is the usual trip I take. I don't have to do a lot of carrying of my gear because I take the next ride almost exactly where I alight. I don't mind a little exercise, though.

I was born in Manila, grew up in Manila, have my family in Manila. And I am Filipino. I dive in Anilao and I take the public transportation. There's a wide range of rates among the resorts choices in Anilao. Choose the cheap ones if you like. But remember, you get what you pay for.

Nice Job of Answering the question..... Is the 70-100Php the local or tourist price?? :)

probably the local rate, but now you know what it should cost and you should bargain. In all fairness the tricycle drivers don't make much money. If they make 500 or 1000p a day after expenses they are doing ok. They know to a foreigner 400p isn't a big deal even thought the going rate maybe 100. I bet most foreigner pay the higher fare and think its a good deal. I travel around the phil and don't complain much unless i get into a taxi and he won't put on the meter. I don't mind giving a generous tip if he is friendly and good conversation. That's how it is in 3rd world countries and its not going to change

Public Transfer to Anilao

1. Go to Buendia Bus Terminal (Buendia corner Taft) and take the bus going Batangas Pier trip (choose the Calabarzon route, not the Lipa/Tanauan because it will take longer). Tell the conductor that you will alight at diversion, this is the spot in Batangas just before the bus takes the bridge to Batangas Pier. Bus fare = P170

2. From there, take the jeepneys that are usually waiting for passengers. Make sure to tell them that you are going to Anilao. Jeepney fare = P30

3. You don't need to go all the way to Anilao pier/market. Ask the jeepney driver to take you to the tricycle terminal. Take the trike from there to bring you to whatever resort you are going to. Trike fare = P70 = P100

This is the usual trip I take. I don't have to do a lot of carrying of my gear because I take the next ride almost exactly where I alight. I don't mind a little exercise, though.

I was born in Manila, grew up in Manila, have my family in Manila. And I am Filipino. I dive in Anilao and I take the public transportation. There's a wide range of rates among the resorts choices in Anilao. Choose the cheap ones if you like. But remember, you get what you pay for.

this beats paying 1,500 for gasoline and the ridiculous toll fees :D. being an ofw, been doing this a lot recently...I see Andy's point of view, where I'm based now has poor diving, but surprisingly, the dive boats are filled to the brim (10-20 divers avg.daily), and a good public transport system supported by the gov't helps this steady flow of tourists. The market is usually young pretty backpackers from Europe which makes for a good view albeit the sparse marine life :cool2:...and families from around the world, (painting a mental picture of the market beyond divers on pension)
If you do have a non-negotiable comfort zone, you do have to shell out extra $$$. from my experience, diving PI is one of the cheapest in Asia but public transportation needs more development, private resort transfers will always be more expensive, same as anywhere in the world :wink:
If your resourceful enough, theres always... kubo diving :)

Coming from Manila, the earliest bus leaves at 4am. Then they have an hourly or 30-minute intervals. I usually choose to take Ceres bus with 2-seaters on both sides. This is more comfortable than the 2/3 seaters.

I normally get a ride from other divers going back to Manila. Trikes from outside most resorts are not easy to find after 5pm, so I got a number of one driver I trust and calls him ahead of time when I plan to take the commute back to Manila. Jeepneys from Mabini (Crossing) are available until around 8-9pm. The last trip of buses from Batangas Bus Terminals is usually 9:00pm. Always take the Calabarzon trip as much as possible.

With the new connection of STAR Tollways with the SLEX, travel time is just about 3 hours both ways.

I would love to meet other divers taking this trip. I am usually the lone diver in the bus.But that's all right, I just catch on sleep when I take the 5am or 6am bus. :wink:

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom