• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Public Safety Divers

Discussion in 'Public Safety Divers/Search and Rescue' started by Scubadawg, Apr 21, 2003.

1. medic13

medic13 Public Safety Diver

# of Dives:
    Well dang finally someone said it right the first time. These rescue class that {HUM GETTING DEEP) PADI, SSI, NAUI ECT ECT teaches are not public safety
    The class like Dive Rescue International teaches are the class most people really need to take. If they truly want to know what PUBLIC SAFTY DIVING IS.

2. Inspector#2

Inspector#2 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    We have a hard time getting groups to stay together. Was diving for Treasure Valley Dive Recovery Team. We would step in when the law enforcement agencies stopped. It disolved for unknow reasons. Now I'm trying to get Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit to get competent divers together to form the same kind of team. Not easy to find good divers, get professional training, and practice.

Dave

3. diving for food

diving for food Guest

I am the Diver team leader and training officer in a county west of Atlanta. we help with rescues, recoverery, edivance. I have been diving black water and teaching PSD for 19 yrs.

4. Desert_Pirate

Desert_Pirate Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I am not sure how the western side of the state is... here in Bingham county "Blackfoot area" Mountain SAR is more of a high angle aimed group. We use them for alpine rescues and a little if cave is needed,(although I would like to see more NCRC training pushed around here) but their training is not geared for use as a PSD from what I have seen... I have done high angle rescue for 7 years now unaffiliated with I.M.R. our team is mixed volunteer and Sheriff office, training is mostly held within our unit and we push for DRI instruction if it is available the same time we have ppl who need the class. some times funds are available to cover it, sometimes it is up to the participant. We enforce the NADRS watership standards to everyone on our team and I feel we have a good team with good competent divers. If you need help in Boise, I know our team is willing to do a county assist. As well as teams around me, Bonneville, and Mini Cassia, are excellent teams. :eyebrow:

5. Wildbill

Wildbill Public Safety Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I'm an Assistant Team Leader for for my employer, the Charlotte County (fl) Sheriff's Office Underwater Recovery Team. We have a large Harbor in one end of the county and there are miles and miles of man made canals and hundreds of natural and man made lakes/pond. 95% of the water we dive in has 0 viz and lots of alligators. I love the job ansd responsibility and don't see me doing anything else right now or in near future.