Public Apology to Firefyter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, I'm woman enough to admit when I'm wrong, so here goes:

You are correct, sir, that Chicago did not record MacArthur Park. It was written by Jimmy Webb and first recorded by actor Richard Harris (!) in 1968. It was recorded by a multitude of artists thereafter, with the most noteable being Donna Summer in 1978. I stand corrected.

dang, I was hoping this was gonna be something good, like foo called fyrefyter a mean name or something . . .

And to think, I read the title and thought you had really done something bad :wink:

I personally feel that NOT having definitive information about that particular song and getting the original artist wrong in some kinda internet debate (which is what I imagine happened) is NOTHING to be ashamed of. 'ONYA Foo!

And to think, I read the title and thought you had really done something bad :wink:

She did. She argued with me, and dared to believe I could be wrong. :mooner:

All kidding aside, I graciously accept, even though no apology was necessary.

You are correct, sir, that Chicago did not record MacArthur Park. It was written by Jimmy Webb and first recorded by actor Richard Harris (!) in 1968. It was recorded by a multitude of artists thereafter, with the most noteable being Donna Summer in 1978. I stand corrected.
Donna Summer noteable? I didn't note it ... I don't remember it.:D

Dang it Foo! Now we've got all these furriners wandering around the swamp thanks to you...

Gotta agree with Thal, though.

Richard Harris is much more notable than Donna Summer. Please feel free to apologize to me publicly if you feel bad about disseminating incorrect information. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom