Pt010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Gilligan's suggestion. I like the same ones with the indicators that turn colors as they absorb moisture. When I used the Moisture Munchers, I used twice as many as needed because I had no clue when they were saturated, so I changed them often just in case.

Moisture Munchers do come in small plastic vials with the blue-to-pink indicators, but they can't be renewed (mine always melted no matter how low the heat and slow the time) and honestly, every package I've ever seen is already turning colors.

By the way....my c-section is scheduled for our new bubble watcher is March 22nd...so FINALLY...very soon I'll have pics to post with the cam and housing. I'm very excited.

A.

That soon? Seems you just announced her/him yesterday!

As respects the loose re-chargeable desiccant, I find that keeping the crystals in a closed glass jar (not much larger than the supply of crystals) keeps them charged for quite some time. Leaving them in the cloth bags they come in just isn't gonnna do it. They need to be sealed up to keep the moisture off them. After re-charging them in a toaster oven at around 200 degrees, I let them cool down in the oven then immediately put them in the jar while they are still somewhat warm.

Also keep in mind that while they are great for preventing condensation from forming in the housing they WILL NOT absorb liquid should you encounter a small leak. I add cut up sections of an ultra thin mini pad for that purpose as seen here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom