PT010 How to carry or attach to vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwickert:
I lost my 3040 & pt-10 in June using a coiled clip. It was plastic, and I am guessing this was the reason.

The dive had a current, and when I sat down to take my bc off, I looked down and..... :ne_nau:

Ken...that's why I use the one that has a heavy brass clip on one end. Those wimpy plastic clips don't last and aren't very dependable for anything of any weight.

I used a locking retracting clip, one end had a key ring the other a bolting clip. I keep it attached to my BC, but I don't use it anymore, It gets in my way, the string gets tangled and I don't like the idea of my camera dangeling from my body.
I always put the housing neck strap around my neck and hold onto it with my hands. I've had to drop it a couple of times, but my chest cought it and everything was fine. It seems like the hoses keep it on my neck just fine.

Another thing to keep in mind, On a boat, you want to enter the water, then have someone hand you your camera. If you enter the water with the camera there is a chance the pressure can effect the O ring. Therefore you don't want something that is hard to get attach.

kwickert:
Dee,

Yup, it was an expensive lesson, I just figured I might save someone else the heartache.

Ken

It sucks to learn stuff the hard way, doesn't it? Maybe someone will learn from our mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom