PT010 How to carry or attach to vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgnau

Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting ready for a trip to the Caymans and playing with the PT010 just purchased. Can anyone tell me a good method of attaching the PT010 to my vest so it is protected during dive. I would prefer not to keep attached to my hand.

i tied a stainless steel clip to my housing with some cave line.
its been working out well.
of course it is only the housing, no tray or strobe.

I have a Canon Digital Elph camera and houseing, I attached a cord I got from my LDS that is a 1 foot piece of surgical tubing with 1 cave line loop on each end, I tied one end to the camera with a boltsnap and put a boltsnap on the other end as well, then when I unclip the camera to take pictures if I accidentally drop the camera it is still attached to the BC by the surgical tubing.

TTSkipper

Mgnau:
I'm getting ready for a trip to the Caymans and playing with the PT010 just purchased. Can anyone tell me a good method of attaching the PT010 to my vest so it is protected during dive. I would prefer not to keep attached to my hand.

I attached a clip to the normal cable, and clip mine to a D-ring on my harness.

This is what I use, keep it short getting in and out of the water, open when at depth.

gadget_coillanyard_sm.jpg

Which can be found here.

Mgnau, be careful where you hang that housing on your BCD. The PT-010 is not as small as some of the other housings. The shutter control can easily snag on something and be ripped off. The lens port can also get scratched if it rubs or bangs against something metal or hard.
The lanyard Cecil posted seems pretty practical but personally I kept my PT-010 in my hands all the time and never hung it off my BCD. I used a tray/handle with it from the getgo even w/o a strobe.

I use a coiled lanyard, too, but only for security if I have to suddenly have both hands for some reason. Like Gilligan, my camera is in my hand the whole dive, it's the safest place for it.

I lost my 3040 & pt-10 in June using a coiled clip. It was plastic, and I am guessing this was the reason.

The dive had a current, and when I sat down to take my bc off, I looked down and..... :ne_nau:

The divemaster went in to look for it, but with the current it was long gone.

Ken

I use a standard heavy retractor for my PT015, but I have the camera in my hands 99% of the time. I don't use an external flash yet so the retractor is strong enough underwater to make for a nice security blanket should I drop it or intentionally let it hang for a moment. The retractor is NOT strong enough to hold the camera above water so I have to take it off and hand it topside when surfacing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom