Pt Lobos question???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Quick question:

My dive buddy has reservations for this Saturday at Lobos... The teams are him and I and a father and son duo...

Can I invite a third buddy on the same reservation, total party, 5 divers?

Thanks,

MG

I do not believe that Pt. Lobos recognizes anything but buddy pairs.

A reservation is for a team of two divers.

You can make two reservations with each submission. You can make two reservations in your own name for two different days.

If you want two reservations for the same day, each reservation must be under the name of a different person and that person must be here on that day.

Reservations are not transferable and non-refundable. If the person named on the reservation is not there on the dive date, the reservation will not be transferred.

My experience has been that you can bring in a team of three on a reservation.

We regularly dive on one reservation as a team of three. And like Mike said, we're as polite as possible at the gate: we're all in one car, we ask permission, etc.

It's never been a problem, but if they were ever to bounce us, we wouldn't put up a fuss.

I dove on a Monday, total of 3 divers, paid for 3 diver fees and 2 parking spots.

They've been much more strict about it over the last year or so. If you want three divers, you have to make a reservation for three. Part of this seems to be that a lot of the rangers at the gate are new, and are trying to follow the letter of the rules as they were taught.

As I am learning, it depends on who's doing the asking. Regulars can get perks that would appear to be contrary to the posted rules.

As much as I want to be a regular, my Chevron bill keeps us from doing that. It's worth pointing out that Chevron wants me to be at Monterey at every opportunity..!

All the best, James

I was told that on the weekends the two person limit prevails. I'm sure there is the occasional exception that slips through, but they are adamant that dive teams are a max of two on Saturday and Sunday. On week days, which is when I normally go, they will always allow 3 on a team.

Bruce

Thanks,

I really appreciat all the feedback... At the last minute my third buddy had other plans so it was just a group of four...

Report to follow, it was really nice... :)

MG

Back
Top Bottom