Pt-018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mottja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a PT-018 olympus housing for my C740 digital camera. The only place I can find that has them is a place called japan-direct.com. They say it comes with an english manual etc. Has anyone ever ordered anything from them before? If so, was it a good or bad experience?

Does anyone know anywhere else I can get the PT-018?

Thanks for your help.

Jamie

Never heard of the 018, but i got my 010 from underwater digital and it STILL didn't come with an English manual!

I ordered my PT-10 from Japan direct almost two years ago before I knew they sold in the States. It only took 4 days for it to get here. I paid over $50 in shipping but no custom fees.

I'd check with Allan at Underwater Digital. He has connections overseas so he usually gets stuff first!

As far as I know, the PT-018 is just now being released. If you can wait a few weeks, likely the "usual suspect" sources stateside will have a supply. I just keep bugging Allan about it every few days...

Thanks to all those who replied. I ended up ordering the housing from www.uwdigitalcamera.com. The price was good and a gentleman named Yuzo answered all of my questions quickly. The housing was shipped from Japan on July 4th and I received it on July 8th.

Thanks again for your input.

I've got mine from digitalEyes.de - it's a German online-shop, but they apparently deliver worldwide. Extremely nice folks who take care of you. I had a long email-conversation to clarify all my questions and they answered usually in 1-2 hours. Shipping took 2 days

Cheers,
Jupiter

Hi. Although its now late August, it does not appear that the PT-018 is yet available in the States... lots of coming soons. I've checked with Adorama and B&H in New York and left Allan at underwater digital a few messages and emails without a response. I am leaving for the Great Barrier Reef in 2 weeks and desperately want to find the housing in time!

I am concerned about ordering from the Japanese sites mentioned here. I appreciate the recommendations from past experiences, but are the warranties valid in the US- do i need to care? Also, what are shipping costs like? Thank you!

We've bought 2 housings from Japan-Direct. Both arrived in 3-4 days and we have not had problems with either. Shipping price was minimal, 25 bucks or so to Hawaii. Neither came with insturctions. When we ordered the 1st one and it arrived without instructions we sent out an e-mail and had english instructions faxed within the hour -- pretty much the same exact instructions as found on the marscuba page mentioned earlier.

Now that Olympus is selling in the US a US warranty would be a better deal. The one out of Japan is a "does it work the day you forst try it" type of deal.

good luck

Steve

I wouldn't hesitate to order from Japan Direct again. As Steve said, I had my PT-10 in 3-4 days. No, they do not have a US warranty. But for the price of the PT-XXX, especially those offered in the US (thinking of the PT-15, $159) are so cheap in price, if something went wrong with it, just buy a new one.

Depends on how bad you want one! Japan Direct is an excellent choice. If you want the warranty, wait.

I don't think Allan is tending to business right now. I know there's been some illness in his immediate famnily bit no one has heard from him in a few months. Another US place to check is Underwater Camera Pro. Ryan will shoot straight with ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom