Pt-015 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just finished a dive today at Catalina and when i got home i noticed that on the lens port for the pt-015 where there is that rubber part that there was some water in that area stuck in between the rubber and the plastic. I was wondering if this is just usual and i shouldn't worry and if there is some way i can dry that area out. Thanks

Can you take a picture so we can be sure what you're talking about?

hmmm, mine has never had that. How are the camera and the batteries? everything still working fine?
I see on mine that I can pull the rubber down a bit, so you could dry it off. You might want to leave a couple of packages of silica in the housing, after you dried it out as best you could, for a couple of days and then test the housing without the camera - to see if it happens again.

Nothing like that on my housing, either. Have you ever washed out the inside of your housing? If not, then check the on/off cum mode dial to see if it is clean.

No, that's not normal. Condensation could cause it, did you use dessicant on your dive? I'd also check the on/off button, that's been a spot for teeny leaks in the past.

No i didn't have any dessicant left. I noticed some condensation on the second dive but no water got ont o the rubber part till the 3rd so i thought there might be a problem with the o-ring on the lens. i unscrewed it and it looked fine so i guess its just condensation. still to be sure i'll dive with it empty next time and make sure theres no leaks. thanks

Makes sense now. Usually if you have an o-ring leak, you'll see water in the housing, not just a bit of condensation. Pieces of a mini pad will help with absorbing heavy condensation. Gilligan has a great website with tips on how to do this -----> HERE

Dee:
Makes sense now. Usually if you have an o-ring leak, you'll see water in the housing, not just a bit of condensation. Pieces of a mini pad will help with absorbing heavy condensation. Gilligan has a great website with tips on how to do this -----> HERE

I tried out my pt-015 for the first time this weekend. This was my first time with any underwater camera, so I was especially paranoid testing it and getting it set up. I had read about Gilligan's use of pads and tried using them. When I put them in, though, I noticed that (probably because they were cut?) they seemed to lint a lot, and I was afraid that this would get caught in the o-rings. Do you notice the same thing, or did I do something wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom