PT-015 vs. Ikelite

Which would you choose:

• PT-015 Housing

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Ikelite Housing

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really feel its about personal preferences ......... Both are good housings and both work well...... I will say this about the Ike housing ...its big.... But underwater that really had no effect as I can still use the housing with WAL (about 1 lb. of glass) and a Ikelite strobe with one hand and take a picture ..... I fact I recall very few shots that I was holding the tray handle. I was thinking the route of the PT-015 and a custom tray and a few other add- on's, but after all was said and done and at the time the cost of the Ikelite was actually less as the tray was included in the price (plus the strobe directly mounts in the tray handle). Me personally I needed the assurance of the depth rating also ..... but Olympus has certainly closed the gap with the 130' rating. As Steve mentioned about the watch ....I will most likely never go to 200' with the housing but its nice to know its proven to that rating. The housing is robustly built so it can handle some banging around ( even though that’s not what you want to do with a $500-600 housing) The knobs/buttons with the auto depress feature .....NICE ...... REAL NICE......thus allowing one hand operation of the wheel to adjust F-stops etc..... I personally have had great luck with Ikelite (second Ike housing ) ... and the support staff Ike has is really top notch.

That's what we love about you anyway. If ugly=rugged, then we like you ugly. It's a look that instills confidence in the owner and says "I will last." Ugly or not, functionality is key, and you've got that covered!
:slick:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom