PT-015 housing at B&H

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rooster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
just got an e-mail from B&H they have the Oly PT-015 housing in stock for $199.95. Heres the link for those that are interested

Oly PT-015

TedJ once bubbled...
Adorama is apparently selling it for $159.

Thats an even better deal. I was checking around last week for a friend. Neither B&H or Adorama had them in stock. I got the e-mail from B&H today and hadn't checked back with Adorama. I have ordered both land and UW camera gear from both, no problems from either.

TedJ once bubbled...
Adorama is apparently selling it for $159.

There's a thread on this board on the same subject. I'm not sure if anyone who bought it from Adorama received it yet.

I don't know this to be a fact, but I understand the oly is not that good. I just got the e-mail as well, but in the meantime I got an ikelite. every function works great, can attach a stroe easily and is wired for the strobe. It is also tested to 200', Will I ever go that deep? All in all its a pretty tough housing. Yes it is more expensive but I was afraid I'd be buying one anyway.

oversea once bubbled...
I don't know this to be a fact, but I understand the oly is not that good.

You're right..it's not fact. And your understanding is wrong...the Oly housings are very good. Just because they are cheaper in price doesn't mean they are inferior to Ikelites housings.

Yes...you hit a pet peeve of mine! :wink:

I just got my PT-015 from Japan. Total Cost: $200.00 (Including $40 in shipping)
Don't be fooled by all of those US vendors which advertise it for around $160.00 They probably don't have them in stock YET. I placed an order with http://www.adoramacamera.com and waited for 3 months. I finally canceled it and went with http://www.naturephoto.co.jp. Got my housing in less than 4 days

Although now I do here that adoramacamera is shipping the PT-015.. Just my luck. Oh well, I still think I got a great deal when comparing it to the $500.00 housing offered by ikelite.

I am looking at trying it out this weekend. Next thing will be a strobe tray arm and strobe (YS-90DX)

Hello,

Not that good as compared to what? Compared to an aquatica housing it is a true statement. Compared with the canon shallow stuff it's great. There are lesser, equal and greater quality products out there.

Ed

Price had nothing to do with what I wrote. I had read that they are not very or not as durable as some of the others out there and could leak. Its just what I read, I don't know this to be a fact. In fact I've never touched one because up until now, no one has had em. It looks nice from what I've seen, but none of what I said is proven fact.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom