Psychofly says Hey!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

psychofly

Reaction score
Greetings from north GA. Just wanted to do like the note told me and jump in rather than stay on shore. I look forward to getting to know folks and talking some scuba.

Hi psychofly, and welcome to :sblogo:
If you fill out your profile that will help too.

David

btw; love the username

Welcome aBoard!

Welcome to the 'Board! If you ever head down to the Florida panhandle, let me know and we'll hit some of the local water holes.

I get down to the panhandle about 3-4 times per year. Last dive was the Black Bart. Given that you know the area, what are some of the dives you would recommend?

I haven't done any of the gulf charters, and probably won't. I have a boat with an motor that needs to be rebuilt. Once that's done I'll be out to some of the sites there. Right now, I dive the springs a lot. There are a ton of springs in the panhandle to dive. Have you been to any of them yet?

Vortex and Morrison are the only ones so far. Looking at the possibility of diving Ginnie Springs and/or Blue Hole Springs next trip if I don't do the gulf. Anything else I should consider? I don't know a great deal about the springs in your area.

I understand they are "making improvements" to Morrison. Have you heard anything about that?

There are a lot of great springs in the area. If you enjoy the springs, I suggest taking a cavern course. That will open up the dive sites available to you quite a bit. In the Ginnie area, you are relatively close to Troy Springs and Alexander Springs, which are both OW friendly sites. I'm not sure which Blue Hole you're referring to. There are lots of them. If it's Orange City Blue Hole, that can also be a fun dive.

As for Morrison, the "improvements" are actually pavement and a boardwalk that surrounds the basin. It's still under construction. No word on when they'll be done. It's a long walk from the new gate to the water, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom