PST E-7 80 or X7-80 Worthington??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone try the PST???

I dive two X7-100 Worthington's and think they are great... My wife is slowly getting into diving and I went down to my LDS to order me the Worthington 80 but they have the PST 80's in stock.

I took a look at them and they look a little more bulky than the Worthington. So I check out the specs online, it appears the PST are a bit taller, not by much.

The price is the same, but I did notice online that the PST are hard to get and that the company has had some financial difficulty but also Tech divers like the PST and they have been making tanks for a very long time.

So should I go with the PST or go with what I've been diving for my wifey? Thanks

See my comments to your sister post here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3519558-post34.html

PST is a company with along legacy but so is Worthington, they are huge in the compressed gas cylinder industry. What is true is that Worthington entered the scuba market just as PST was going into hibernation.

For all intents and purposes the 2 products are interchangeable. Any perceived preference with divers probably centers around prior ownership or the presence of more PST on the used cylinder market. There are some slight nuances but that's about it.

At this time for even money I'd play it safe with Worthington.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom