PST 100 tank ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431:
Get em hydroed right before the exemption runs out so at least you can use the cylinders for five more years...
At that point (7 years), $200 for the pair was not that bad of a deal. I know of several people who will not bother to hydro AL80s.

I suppose this deal was OK if you look at it like that. I for one, would hydro the newer AL 80's, I wouldnt just toss them after five years.

Speaking af AL80s I have a Dacor made in 1985 thats been in the water twice and hasnt been vis's or hydroed since 85. The thing looks brand new. Is there any point in even getting it hydroed if its that old. If so what would a tank that old be worth. I dont really need it anymore.

chrisd18e:
Speaking af AL80s I have a Dacor made in 1985 thats been in the water twice and hasnt been vis's or hydroed since 85. The thing looks brand new. Is there any point in even getting it hydroed if its that old. If so what would a tank that old be worth. I dont really need it anymore.

If can not be hydro'ed and VIP'ed, you still probably can get 20 bucks for is as a scrap metal. :wink:

chrisd18e:

Well, being from 85, it is the older alloy, which is susceptible to SLC, and most likely will not pass the visual (even if it did pass, I wouldnt use it anymore, way too sketchy). Unfortunately, you missed the trade in for $50 on older Luxfer cylinders. So, now, its only worth whatever the scrap yard will give you...

LUBOLD8431:
So, now, its only worth whatever the scrap yard will give you...
Or $150 from the Touchy-Feely store as a windchime.

Hmm... I could buy NEW Catalina cylinders and make a profit from the Touchy-Feely store :D

It just ended on Dec 31, 2003...

Sorry buddy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom