PSI..any other certifying agencies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IlikeItwetPls

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if there are any other respected certifying agencies for tank inspection. I've been to the PSI site, and there are no courses in the Atlanta area in 'O5.

No I didn't....but now that I know I can, I'll go there and search.

Thanks

There is another agency. Cylinder inspectors international, I think they're called but you'll probably have an even harder time finding one of their instructors close by.

Diving Technologies International, Inc also teaches tank inspection and certifies inspectors. They are located in Sunrise, FL but have some instructors around the country. I took their course las August. Their web site is: http://www.divingtechnologies.com/

Found a PSI instructor in my area...thanks.

Ronnie

Diving Tehcnologies Is The Best In Doing Annual Regulator Service And Doing Hydro Test And Tank Inspection

ronnie22:
I'm wondering if there are any other respected certifying agencies for tank inspection. I've been to the PSI site, and there are no courses in the Atlanta area in 'O5.

I just took a TDI VIP course.

I just did my TDI course and I can't tell the difference between them and PSI. I have both manuals and they say the same thing except, TDI is a little more conservative in their inspections than PSI. I'm not going to say this without defending it or else I am going to get ripped apart. Here is my rationale, TDI says that tanks should be hydro tested after they are tumbled and PSI doesn't say anything to that effect. Other than that they both train you according to the DOT under the CFR Title 49. If you have any wits about you as an inspector once you get certified you will more than likely use the most conservative methods during your inspection. If manufacturers have any inspection requirements than you should inspect according to those requirements. Overall, the agency isn't as important to me as the competency of the inpsector. This is just my two cents worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom