PSD exposure protection.

What suits does your team use, choose all that apply.

• My team is not standardized.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • My team uses vulcanized rubber suits with rear entry zippers.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • My team used vulcanized rubber suits with front entry zippers.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • My team uses Trilaminant or other laminated material suits with rear entry zippers.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • My team uses Trilaminant or other laminated material suits with front entry zippers.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • My team uses neoprene or crushed neoprene suits with rear entry zippers.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • My team uses neoprene or crushed neoprene suits with front entry zippers.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • My team uses only wetsuits.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My team uses both wetsuits and dry suits.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Our dry suits have shoulder dump valves.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Our dry suits have cuff dump valves.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our dry suits use neoprene seals rather than latex.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're going through the process right now looking for ten new suits and after looking at the specs and testing it looks like White's is going to get the nod.

Dive,

Thank you for your kind words. Personally and I suspect many other here will agree, I am very glad to see a LDS actually researching and finding out what works for PSD then offering good deals for them. Many (not all) shops as previous posts have shown put little to no effort in research and ultimately are only interested in making money. I have known too many new PSD's who have been sold expensive equipment that did not meet their needs. They make the argument that expensive is better.

I will always try to help anyone who asks especially if it benefits other PSD's. One suggestion I would make about any advice you get is to get as many different points of view as you can. I am not an expert and I do not know it all so just do not take what I say as the end all. While I do a tremendous amount of my own research and willingly offer it to anyone it is only for my little slice of the PSD world relative to my dive team. There are such a wide variety of teams out there and their needs and budgets are just as varied.

Your best bet is to ask a lot of questions. Finding out what type of team a diver is part of and what their specific needs are. This will help you taylor your recommendations for gear. If you run into a road block with something or some problem they are having there are many places you can go to get some help. I have found this board to be a great resource. You may not get your answer but you can get places to go and find what you are looking for.

Best of Luck,

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom