Provo, TCI trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now now, it's only the 3-4 bedroom villas that start over 5K. The simple rooms can be had for a mere $1350 in low season.

I'll be on Provo from May 13th-21st for our honeymoon. We'll be diving with Fifi so I'm glad you really liked him. Do you have any pics?? Any other suggestions?

wanderlustgal:
Jeep is needed to get to Malcolm's Beach. FYI its not the secluded beach it once was. Since our visit last year some resort has gone up where the Tiki Huts were for that game show. Lots more people out there whereas last year we had the place to ourselves. So much construction going on on the island from last year. We stayed at the Royal West Indies and last year you could see all the way down the beach with only low-lying resorts. Now they've got mammoth ones going up, its a shame. And far more people on the dive boats than last year.

The only constant is change still I hate to see that beach go. One of the truly beautiful places on the planet that we didn't have to share with the pod people.

wanderlustgal:
Whoa! Were we on the same boat? I did the 3-tank on 4/27 and the 2-tank on 4/30 and 5/1. Oli was my DM all three days... he was great but had us chasing after eagle rays one day that wore me out. Did see about 6 reef sharks on one dive... ton's of sponge I think it was.

WLG - We probably were on the same boat on 4/30 and 5/1 - small world! My wife and I were the only ones on the Sunday trip diving nitrox if that rings a bell.

robbcayman:
I'll be on Provo from May 13th-21st for our honeymoon. We'll be diving with Fifi so I'm glad you really liked him. Do you have any pics?? Any other suggestions?

I would definitely recommend a dinner at Hemingways. Make a reservation for an outside table at around 6:45-7:00 for a beautiful sunset dinner. Also, make sure you pick up a copy of the WhereWhenHow magazine and the companion dining guide. It helped us out alot.

TCB:
I would definitely recommend a dinner at Hemingways. Make a reservation for an outside table at around 6:45-7:00 for a beautiful sunset dinner. Also, make sure you pick up a copy of the WhereWhenHow magazine and the companion dining guide. It helped us out alot.

We'll definitely try Hemingways and the magazine!!! Thanks :D

Yup we were on the same boat those days. I think I was the only solo female diver on the boat those days.

We had dinner at Cobaya at the Coral Gardens one night. Very delicious and very romantic. Prices are quite steep though.

You will find dining out to be a pricey option on Provo. We usually hit the grocery store the first day and stock up so the only meals we eat out are dinners.

Tim Ingersoll:
You will find dining out to be a pricey option on Provo. We usually hit the grocery store the first day and stock up so the only meals we eat out are dinners.

We hit the IGA for breakfast/lunch stuff the first day but even that can be pricey. There was a couple on the dive boat one day that had packed a cooler chest with goods and checked it as luggage. They said as long as the meat stays frozen there isn't a problem bringing it into the island. The had a villa with a grill which I thought was an excellent idea. I made a mental note for next trip.

Back
Top Bottom