Protec Dive Center Patrick Widmann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As time is ticking down till my trip I'm getting so excited..... what do I need bring with me wet or dry suit.... other gear

I dive dry in Mexico and recommend it if you are taking a course, the guys at Protect will have you in the water a long time and you will definitely be able to concentrate better if you are not shivering with cold. Who are you doing your course with?

Recently returned from finishing my full cave with Kim, brought my neoprene dry suit this time. I used a good 5mm wetsuit when I did my intro last fall and like moody says, found myself chilled especially during the very thorough post-dive debriefings. Very happy I had the dry suit, the last day was probably 4 hours in the water, also Kim is in his dry suit so he's not getting cold... Have fun!

I did all my cave training with them in a 5mm wet suit with a hooded vest underneath. Are you staying at Mom's?

Use whatever you're the most comfortable in. That way you can concentrate on the class. Personally, I dive wet. But I have a Hollis Neotek which is an 8/7/6, so I'm nice and warm. Others have used 5mm and been ok. If you use a drysuit, make sure you've got plumbing. You definitely will be in the water for long periods of time.

Add some 1/4 inch bungee and dog clips to your save-a-dive kit. Double check with Patrick on ideal hose lengths with the regs you're using. And bring a USB stick.

Find the Taco Arbolito under the overpass at Puerto Aventuras. And hit up Cafe Ole for rib night and dessert.

Find the Taco Arbolito under the overpass at Puerto Aventuras.

This. When I did my Intro course, Santiago still teaching for Protec and introduced me to some amazing lunches from there.

I'm a tycoz man, best lunch for $1.50, use the money saved for a fancy dinner. Bring condom catheters with you, they are pricey in Mexico, Protec has them for I think $3 or so but if they are out and you have to go to ZG they are $5 each!

Back
Top Bottom