Pros & Cons Quick Disconnect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rshumate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Are the quick disconnect options worth the price? For an example the Oceans DataMax Pro 2.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using them?

Thanks

I've got a quick disconnect on my Cobra 2, and love it. Lets me carry-on my dive computer, as well as allows me to perform my downloads without having my full regulator rig siting on my desk. I've never had a problem with it.

Last edited:
Cons:
  • One more potential failure point - but then HP failure is not that critical.
  • QD on console implies console - and I don't like them :dork2:

Pros:
  • Allows you to carry on your computer when traveling by air.
  • Allows you to check your computer/dive log in between dives if you're in a situation where your gear stays on the tank (often if there is a compressor on the boat).
  • Allows you to get your computer out of harms way (dangling consoles get a lot of abuse on a boat, and LCD screens are more fragile than your usual SPG).

I can't think of any good reason not to get one. Just make sure you include verifying your computer is actually there part of your pre-dive checklist :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom