Propulsion Coach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike - I've contacted Beto about a fundies class as well. If you're interested in that route the more people in the area interested the sooner we can get a class going.

That is awesome. I have also sent him an email.

I looks like the earliers he can do a GUE Fundamental class in January.

That was my understanding as well. But look on the bright side. They are relocating to Monterey, so at least classes won't be held all over the bay area. :D

I will prob. be signing up for the first available class.

That was my understanding as well. But look on the bright side. They are relocating to Monterey, so at least classes won't be held all over the bay area. :D

I will prob. be signing up for the first available class.

I am signing up for the Essentials of Rec. in Monterey Bay, CA on Jan 9 - 11, 2009 offered by Unified Team Diving. If you are interested, here is a link for the class information:

Unified Team Diving (UTD) International (408) 674-9564

The class outline looks interesting. In the "why I should take the class" section they refer to baggage. Any idea what they're talking about?

"Regardless of your experience level, UTD philosophy allows you to grow as a diver. Some divers are eager to begin incorporating the increased skill and academic demands of UTD, without the associated baggage."

"Regardless of your experience level, UTD philosophy allows you to grow as a diver. Some divers are eager to begin incorporating the increased skill and academic demands of UTD, without the associated baggage."

This is a big can of worms. In a nutshell, DIR's history is laden with a bit of controversy (and in the past much more so), at least partly because its standards are quite strict and unforgiving, because it used to have a lot of really vocal (loudmouthed) proponents, and because the name gave outsiders a big inferiority complex (if you're not doing it right, then, well you're doing it wrong). So UTD is an effort to take all the good ideas and training of DIR, without bringing in any of the negative connotations associated with the name.

The class outline looks interesting. In the "why I should take the class" section they refer to baggage. Any idea what they're talking about?

I think you'd have to ask them. But more importantly, the term "baggage" by definition refers to intangible and undesirable distractions that are unrelated to advancing your diving goals right? I would just channel your energy on concentrating on whatever path it is you want to take to advance your training and achieve your diving goals, and leave the distractions and cans of worms alone.

Just my 2 cents :)

I think you'd have to ask them. But more importantly, the term "baggage" by definition refers to intangible and undesirable distractions that are unrelated to advancing your diving goals right? I would just channel your energy on concentrating on whatever path it is you want to take to advance your training and achieve your diving goals, and leave the distractions and cans of worms alone.

Just my 2 cents :)

Damn Rob, I pulled the rug out from under your feet :p

Back
Top Bottom