Props to the Seattle diving community...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

doctormike

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi...

I Just returned from my first dive trip to the Seattle area, and I had a GREAT time! I wanted to pass on my appreciation for two dive professionals who provided stellar service.

I did a shore dive with Janet McIntosh, an instructor from the Seattle location of the Underwater Sports chain (Underwater Sports - Seattle). I found her by googling "SCUBA and Seattle", and she set up the dive, equipment rental, etc..

She took me (along with her divemaster student) to Three Tree Point for a great Puget Sound dive - click here for photos.

Janet also arranged for me to go on a two tank boat dive in the San Juan Islands, with Mark King, owner of Deep Sea Charters.

Mark (and his wife Sandy, and the rest of the crew) were terrific... Not only for me, but for my girlfriend who does not dive and came along for the ride. Normally, riding along on a dive boat is no treat, but this was an awesome trip! My girlfriend loved the ride, the company and the scenery. They all did a lot to make my dive excellent and to make her experience fun and memorable...

Click here for photos of the San Juan Island dive...

Best,

Mike

Mike, you were here, and I didn't know it? I'm SO sorry I didn't get to meet or dive with you. Should you head back out our way, please let me know -- it would be my pleasure to show you some local sites, and weather permitting, to take you out on the boat.

Mike, you were here, and I didn't know it? I'm SO sorry I didn't get to meet or dive with you. Should you head back out our way, please let me know -- it would be my pleasure to show you some local sites, and weather permitting, to take you out on the boat.

You know, I remembered that you were out there after I had left..!! I was about to IM you with this post, but you had already seen it... Oh, well, it was a pretty rushed trip, but I did enjoy squeezing in a few dives.

Will definitely come back, I had a terrific time. I'll let you know for sure the next time I'm out. My older son says he wants to live in Seattle, so if he does, I'll be out there even more often! I want to try one of those liveabords...

:)

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom