Proper sizing of a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hostage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After consulting my friends on scubaboard, I ended up going with a clearance pinnacle wetsuit. It looks to be of a higher quality than the Henderson that I was using during OW training. The question I have is about fit. Due to the limited selection of sizes and finding out that the sizing chart isn't always that great I got the two that were avaliable that I estimated would fit me the best. I got the following:

5mm Pinnacle ML-Tall Jacket (only jacket close to my size in stock)
7mm Pinnacle L-Short Farmer John (they have Larges still in stock)

The Jacket seems a little tighter up top, but I have full range of movement. The sleeves come up to the ends of my wrist and I don't feel any circulation being cut off after wearing it for a few minutes (took it off because of getting hot). The legs weren't as tight fitting as the arms and more so loose, though I am guessing it allows for the addition of the farmer john.

The Farmer John seems to fit well and it overlaps my diving boots by about 2" even when sitting down and it sits about 2.5" above the center of my ankle bone. I don't know if it should be longer and cover more of the ankle.

I got this online and so I am not completely sure about fit.

Thanks in advance,

Hostage

In a nutshell:
1) Your range of motion should not be hindered
2) The suit should fit with a hint of compression. A good indicator is seeing the stitching imprinted in your skin after a dive.

More here
Pete

Back
Top Bottom