Pronunciation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spectrum:
And I have heard TUSA as t-you-sa, that is the T sound, a long U and the SA sound.

TUSA = Tabata United States of America Inc.

TUSA is probably pronounced as “two-sa.”

Mares is pronounced Ma-res, the "S" at the end of the word is like the "S" in "Snake"...

If you know latin "Res" like "Res Publica", republic...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

How about Uwatec ?

My euro-american friends say "you-va-tech" or "oo-va-tech" , the former being most common (and what I've adopted), but I've had other people correct me, saying "you mean "oo-wa-tech". Scubapro is much easier to pronounce...

Erik Il Rosso:
Mares is pronounced Ma-res, the "S" at the end of the word is like the "S" in "Snake"...

If you know latin "Res" like "Res Publica", republic...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Correcto!

How about super calafagliaistic expalidouis.

Every name is going to be pronounced different depending on what conty you from. And this move out of diving to anything. Example billiard cues Meucci = May oh she, but many people say mu-she. Even in the US in souther states you all becomes ya'll. So I think it depends on where you are and where the person you are talking to is from. If you are in a dive shop and ask about "Mayors" I think they will know what you are talking about.

There is very little chance a random survey of say 20 people will all pronounce it the same.

Back
Top Bottom