Project to build a mini-commercial filling station..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the question, and I know it has nothing to do with the op post, but I am confused,....the way I see it, air can only hold a given amount of moisture at a given pressure, so humidity should not really be a determining factor in a filter cartridge life.? Surely temperature and pressure are the more important factors in determining effective cartridge life?

Basically the higher the ambiant air temperature and pressure the more moisture it an hold. As this air is compressed that moisture is squeezed out of it and forms water droplets which are collected in the purification system. If the filter cartridge is worn out the first indication is a high dew point in the output air. The Carbon monoxide catalyst will not confert the CO to CO2 if the dew point is too high so you will now loose that protection. High dew point can also lead to equipment freeze-ups and cylinder contamination.

ZDD

Why only plain air? You should really consider doing it right the first time around, and be prepared for Nitrox as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom