Progresso diving while cruising?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a search on this subject in the Mexico forum and got a few hits, of which I checked them all out. However, those threads were generally 4+ years old, so I'm hoping for an updated version, please? If we do a cruise that goes to Progresso and Coz, what is the best thing to do in Progresso? Can't find any diving info, so evidently it is not offered there? I did see a suggestion to take a trip to Holbox to snorkel/swim with whale sharks- is this doable while in port? I also see that the cruise ship offers a ceynote snorkel trip, has anyone done this before and would you recommend it? Thanks for any info you can give!

I tried to help my daughter and grandkids plan a port call there on their cruise last winter. I don't know of any decent snorkeling or diving there - kinda murky and no compressors that I know of. The mangroves tour sounded kinda interesting, but I think they just took the bus tour of town and played on the beach.

Holbox sounds impossible to me. Really, I think you'll find more on Google.

Thanks Don! You're a dandy!

Wish I knew more. The Chichen Itza tour is mostly bus ride with a fast visit. Here is a pretty comprehensive list of tours: Progresso/Merida Mexico

When you get off of the boat, I think there is a bus to carry you along the very long pier, then there will be vendors there hawking various tours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom